*that you probably don’t need to know…
It’s meme time again, and this one’s an all about me meme. I’ve been tagged by Thomas once again! The Rules:
1. Each player starts with eight random fact/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. A the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their name.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and to read your blog.
Here are 8 things you probably have no reason to know about me, but I hope you’re amused, fascinated, and/or generally not horrified by the “real” me:
- 1. I hate tomatoes. I love pizza, and I eat tomato sauce on pasta. Just no tomatoes, please. Don’t even get me started on the horrors of ketchup.
- 2. I once spent a lovely afternoon riding around with the German Army (Bundeswehr) on a tank, somewhere in the middle of a German wilderness that I did not know existed. I have photos to prove it!
- 3. My most unusual destination for a work/business trip has been the DMZ in Korea.
- 4. I once had tea with Betsy Blair in her home (surely you remember the movie Marty). The moment was captured on my camera, and the photographer was Stephen Frears. He knows how to direct films really well, but he was mystified by how to operate my camera.
- 5. I hate loud noise.
- 6. Like Jasia, I’ve taken tap lessons.
- 7. I absolutely adore palm trees.
- 8. I successfully completed the United States Marine Corps obstacle course in Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. But I didn’t quite complete it the way the recruits are required to do. It wasn’t done in the allotted time, and I had the help of others literally pushing and pulling me through it. But, we did it, and it was truly a team effort. And I couldn’t lift my arms for a week.
As for tagging…when we do this as a “tag four” game, it’s nearly impossible to find four bloggers that haven’t already been tagged. I officially give up with finding eight un-tagged individuals. If you haven’t played yet, please do!
While I’m playing tag, I’ll double-post and answer Randy’s game from Saturday night. The rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence along with these instructions in a note to your blog (or a comment to this blog).
And yet some diligent little cell of the brain, resolutely doing guard duty while the others were resting, must have been listening.