Tomorrow is the 5th blogiversary of What’s Past is Prologue! If blog years are anything like dog years, that’s a really long time. I’m humbled every year that I’ve managed to entertain, inform, and help others since I started this blog to entertain, inform, and help myself. I’ve found cousins, I’ve made friends. In five years, this blog has been viewed over 182,500 times and readers have left 1,665 comments. In 2012, I had 45,320 visitors (an increase since the previous year) for an average of 124 per day. And to that there’s only one thing to say about those statistics – thank you for visiting!
My five top posts (as in most visited) in 2012 were written in previous years. The top two posts written in 2012 were:
My personal favorites over the last year were:
- Favorite Meme: The Genealogical Bucket List
- Most Comments: TV’s Castle Can Help Solve Your Genealogical Mystery
- Favorite Memory: I Was a Teenage Car Thief
- Favorite Reflection: 2012: A Look Back
- Favorite Research Posts (tie): His Name was Jozef Pater and A Great Discovery
- Favorite Silliness: Shades Birthday Edition: The Fountain of Youth
- Favorite in the A-Z Challenge: S is for Signatures
I hope you had some favorites, too. I was semi-successful at keeping up with regular posting barring the occasional vacation or unexpected hospital stay and I have plans to continue for many more years. And after FIVE YEARS I finally changed the theme ever-so-slightly – do you like the brand new look?
Thanks to all of my readers and all of the great friends I have made through this blog. Maybe I don’t write just for me anymore – I write for you, too!