Welcome to the Pater Family Page on the What’s Past is Prologue genealogy blog. This page will show the detailed family tree information for other PATER researchers. My particular Pater line begins in the early 1800s in Poland, near the present-day town of Żyrardów, which is located near Warsaw. There are PATER families from several other countries, including Germany, England, and Netherlands. Are they all connected? Only through solid genealogical research will the answer eventually be found.
The Pater Ancestors
Generation No. 1
1. Piotr Pater is named as the father of Hilary Pater on Hilary’s marriage record. I do not have his birth, marriage, or death information yet. He was likely born between 1800 and 1814. His wife was Franciszka (unknown surname).
Children of Piotr and Franciszka Pater:
( 2 ) i. Hilary Pater, b. 1803 (see Generation 2) in Jeruzal, Mazowieckie, Poland
I have not yet identified other children of this couple.
Generation No. 2
2. Hilary Pater was born circa 1803 in Jeruzal, Mazowieckie, Poland. He married Agnieszka Kochanowska on 11 Feb 1833 in Jeruzal. Agnieszka died in 1857. Hilary was deceased prior to son Jan’s marriage in 1859. Agnieszka was married to Jozef Kobierski, who died, and had five children prior to marrying Hilary Pater.
Children of Hilary and Agnieszka Pater:
( 3 ) i. Jan Pater, b. 21 Feb 1834 (see Generation 3)
ii. Justyna Marianna Pater, b. 1837
Generation No. 3
3. Jan Pater was born on 21 Feb 1834 in Bud Kamieński, Mazowieckie, Poland. On 10 October 1859 he married Teofilia Zakrzewska (born 27 December 1840 in Mariampol to Karol Zakrzewski and Rozalia Kowalewska, died 15 Nov 1907) in the town of Wiskitki. Jan died on 03 Sep 1908 in Zyrardów, Mazowieckie, Poland.
Children of Jan Pater and Teofilia Zakrzewska:
i. Marcin Pater, b. 1860
ii. Ewa Pater, b. 1862
(4) iii. Jozef Pater, b. 21 Sep 1864 (see Generation 4)
iv. Marianna Zofia Pater, b. 1866
v. Antonina Pater, b. 1867
vi. Paulina Pater, b. 1874
vii. Pawel Pater, b. 1876
viii. Bronisława Pater, b. 1877
ix. Bronisław Pater, b. 1879
x. Władysław Pater, b. 1882
xi. Stanisław Pater, b. 1884
Generation No. 4
4. Jozef Pater was born on 21 September 1864 in the town of Ruda Guzowska, which later became Żyrardów. On 25 August 1885, he married Antonina Rozalia Pluta (born 21 June 1863 in Mszczonów to Ludwik Pluta and Franciszka Anna Wojciechowska, died 12 December 1938 in Philadelphia, PA, USA) in the town of Mszczonów. Jozef immigrated to the US in 1905 and settled in Philadelphia, PA. Antonina followed in 1906 with daughters Regina and Victoria. In 1907, daughter Franciszka, with her husband Paweł Nieginski, came with brothers Wacław, Ludwik, and Stefan. Also, in 1909 Antontina’s mother joins the family in the US (Frances Anna Pluta – died in 1914). Jozef Pater died in Philadelphia on 11 August 1945. The couple had ten children – the children and grandchildren are all listed below as Generation No. 5 and 6.
Generation No. 5 and 6
Children of Jozef Pater and Antonina Pluta:
i. Regina Ewa, b. 1886, d.1886
ii. Franciszka (Frances), b. 04 Oct 1887 in Żyrardów. Married Paweł (Paul) Nieginski (16 Jan 1879 or 1880 – 31 Aug 1964) in Żyrardów. Died 27 Nov 1967 in PA. Children of Frances and Paul:
Edmund – b. 15 Aug 1909, d. 22 May 1997, m. Margaret (1 child)
Stella – b. 13 Jan 1914, d. 09 Aug 2005, m. Frank Ciccarelli (2 children)
Sophia – b. 03 Mar 1916, d. 05 Sep 1989, m. Joseph Koch (2 children)
iii. Ewa (Eva), b. 19 December 1888 in Żyrardów. Married Edward Süsser on 19 January 1907 in Philadelphia, PA. They may have changed the spelling to Siesser. Edward died on 21 May 1938. In 1939, Ewa married Stanley Kacprowicz. She died on 06 Dec 1962. Children of Ewa and Edward:
Edward – b. 18 Apr 1908 in Philadelphia, PA, d. Jan 1985, m. Ruth Calhoun (2 children)
Anna – b. Nov 1909 in New Jersey, m. Newsom Cooper (unknown)
iv. Wacław (went by Walter or John), b. 28 September 1890 in Żyrardów. Not sure if he married; had a short left leg. Died on 29 January 1925 in Philadelphia, PA.
v. Ludwik (Louis), b. 24 August 1893 in Żyrardów. Married Elżbieta (Elizabeth) Miller (19 Nov 1891 – 28 Jul 1972) on 27 August 1910 in Camden, NJ. Died on 31 October 1957 in Philadelphia, PA. Children of Louis and Elizabeth:
Henry – b. 25 Mar 1912, d. 17 Oct 1972, m. Mae Zawodna (2 children)
Walter – b. 08 Jul 1913. d. Apr 1975, m. 3 times (2 children) – used the name Walter Miller, not Walter Pater.
Louis – b. 09 Feb 1916, d. 17 Oct 1940, never married
Victor – b. 28 Jan 1919, d. 05 May 1951, m. M. Seanez in 1947 (no children)
Eugene – b. 19 Jul 1920, d. Jan 1979, m. (3 children)
vi. Stefan (Steven), b. 02 September 1895 in Żyrardów. Married Stella Molczan in 1917 in Philadelphia, PA. Died on 16 June 1956. Children of Steven and Stella:
Stella – b. 1922. m. George Christy (3 children)
vii. Marianna, b. 1897, d. 1901
viii. Marian Franciszek, b. 1899, d. 1900
ix. Genowefa, b. 1901, d. 1901
x. Wiktoria (Victoria), b. 16 December 1903 in Żyrardów. Married Stanley Koruba (08 May 1898-xx Dec 1971). Died in February 1977 in Warrington, PA. Children of Victoria and Stanley:
Martin Koruba – b. 09 Oct 1922, d. 18 Aug 1985. m. Josephine LeBold (4 children)
Edward Koruba – b. 1928 m. Marie Lindeman (4 children)
Stella – b. 1922, d. 1995. m. Joseph Martino (2 children)
Jean – b. 1932, d. 2012. m. Harold Colvin (2 children)
The Pater Descendants
Generations No. 7, 8, 9
There are dozens of descendants of Joseph and Antonina Pater living throughout the United States. For privacy reasons, detailed information ends with Generation No. 6 who are nearly all deceased. I limited information on the 6th generation to how many children I am aware of. I would very much like to hear from any of my cousins that stumble upon this page. I have been searching in vain for photographs of Joseph and Antonina Pater as well as photos of their children, especially when they were younger.
Descendant surnames include: Cardillo, Christy, Ciccarelli, Colvin, Cotinola, Cummings, Frankmano, Koch, Koruba, Martino, Miller, Nieginski, Pater, Pointkouski, Schaffer, Siesser, VanArtsdalen, and Weber. I am sure there are also Pater descendents still living in Poland that are descended from one of Joseph’s many brothers.
If anyone else is researching the PATER family, please contact me!
I have several posts on this blog about my Pater family. See all posts labeled with the “Pater” Surname category here. Enjoy your visit, and please leave a comment if you’re a Pater!